Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How te remove history defintely from iPad?

What I do to remove history on my iPad:

1) I go on iPad to" Settings" >"Safari" > "Clear history" and then to "Website data"> "Clear".

This should remove all history, but ...

2) However when thereafter, still being on "Settings" >"Safari", I then select "Advanced" and click on "Website Data", I still get "Website Data" of sites visited before.

By clicking on "Show all Sites" this listing extends even further!

At the bottom of this page I can then check again "Remove All Website Data", but even then, there is no removal at all.

Because when I then again apply step 2 (hereabove) all Websites visited before show up again!,

Conclusion:

Although I followed carefully the instructions for definetely removing the complete History on my iPad, I can still find this history, that should no longer be there, listed when I apply the steps in point 2 here above.

Question

In what way can I make sure that this history is removed definitely?

Thanks for help!

Harry

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 12:15 PM

Hello,

Restoring iPad to factory settings would insure that Safari’s history is removed.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

1 reply

How te remove history defintely from iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.