Newsroom Update

This fall, AirPods software updates will transform the way users respond to Siri, take calls, and immerse themselves in their favorite games. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can no longer connect 2 pairs of AirPods simultaneously to iPhone after update to iOS 13.4!

Connecting 2 pairs of AirPods simultaneously to 1 iPhone was so easy before, and it worked flawlessly, but immediately after updating my iPhone 7 to iOS 13.4 and my wife's iPhone 6 to iOS 12.4.6, I can only connect one pair or the other, but not both!

The instant I connect my wife's AirPods, mine disconnect.

The instant I touch my screen to connect MY AirPods, likewise, my wife's AirPods disconnect.

I doubt there is a workaround for this obvious software bug in the iPhone updates, but I'm hoping. I'm also sending this to Apple as a bug notification. Thank you for any help you can provide.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 1:07 PM

Hello,

Have you tried restarting your iPhone?

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 10, 2020 2:09 PM in response to QuickPost

This was a good suggestion, Mr. QuickPost, but not very helpful. Now, 2 weeks later, I've updated my iPhone again, to iOS 13.4.1, and the problem persists. I cannot use 2 pairs of AirPods with my iPhone. Surely others must be having this problem. This feature worked flawlessly and easily for about a year before Apple just arbitrarily took it away? Is this an attempt to force people who like sharing podcasts and music with their friends to update to the new, more expensive AirPods?!

Apr 16, 2020 9:08 AM in response to s_goli

Thank you very much for your reply. I am truly amazed that I've gotten NO help here for this big problem. Audio sharing is a huge feature, and it's listed prominently in Apple's release of their new iPhone SE. I sent a formal bug notification to Apple as well, and nothing. You are right. It is incredibly UN-cool to support a feature for a year and then, via software UPDATE, take it away. The new AirPods are much more expensive than my original AirPods, which still have great battery life and are suiting my needs perfectly. And I don't trust Apple to make them work on my perfectly good iPhone 7! Maybe I'll buy the expensive new AirPods and THEN have to buy an expensive new phone as well!!

Can no longer connect 2 pairs of AirPods simultaneously to iPhone after update to iOS 13.4!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.