Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina 10.15.4 update looping and not applying

I get the message Catalina 10.15.4 update is available for my mac, I click update now, its requires a restart, I restart and after restarting, I'm back where I started - I get the message Catalina 10.15.4 update is available for my mac. It just loops back - no update applied. I've checked about this mac - still on 10.15.3. Anybody else experienced this?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 11:07 AM

Try the following:

1 - download the macOS Catalina 10.15.4 Combo Update 

2 - install the update with it.

4 replies

Mar 28, 2020 7:09 PM in response to SayersCommon

I also am having this issue. I saw another post mentioning needing at least 20GB of free space, and that not having enough space can cause this. I have over 150GB free, however, so I don't think this is the case for me.

One thing worth noting for me is that I have the OS installed on an internal RAID 0 on a mid-2012 MacBook Pro, which is probably not very common given the work required to set that up to run with Catalina.

Catalina 10.15.4 update looping and not applying

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.