Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages Crashes too much

Hello, i have a macbook pro 13-inch 2018 , 3.1Ghz Intel Core i5 and 8GB Ram.

Im working with some friends with pages and using icloud collaboration. Pages crashes every 5 minutes. Heres the error , i reinstalled Pages and it keeps happening.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 12:51 PM

When Pages crashes, it should offer to send the report to Apple. Do that, as there are Apple Pages engineers that will review this and make sense of it. We are fellow users, and usually, the output of Pages crashes is useless to identifying the actual cause. It might be a missing font that Pages requires, it might be some other obscure Pages issue, or the application itself has been damaged by anti-virus, or so-called cleaning applications, that may have removed part of the internal application content.

Once Pages has crashed, it will continue to attempt to load its last saved state each time you launch it, probably resulting in another crash. You need to break this chain, by pressing the shift key while launching Pages. This is not a cure-all either, if there is something truly wrong.

I would boot your Mac into Safe Boot mode, and use Pages there for awhile to see if the crashes continue. Try different documents too. Safe mode also clears out System caches, and rebuilds the System font database, which may also be a blessing in disguise. After rebooting normally from Safe Boot mode, see if Pages has returned to normal operational behavior. There may need to be other steps taken if it continues crashing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2020 12:51 PM in response to maxipoblete

When Pages crashes, it should offer to send the report to Apple. Do that, as there are Apple Pages engineers that will review this and make sense of it. We are fellow users, and usually, the output of Pages crashes is useless to identifying the actual cause. It might be a missing font that Pages requires, it might be some other obscure Pages issue, or the application itself has been damaged by anti-virus, or so-called cleaning applications, that may have removed part of the internal application content.

Once Pages has crashed, it will continue to attempt to load its last saved state each time you launch it, probably resulting in another crash. You need to break this chain, by pressing the shift key while launching Pages. This is not a cure-all either, if there is something truly wrong.

I would boot your Mac into Safe Boot mode, and use Pages there for awhile to see if the crashes continue. Try different documents too. Safe mode also clears out System caches, and rebuilds the System font database, which may also be a blessing in disguise. After rebooting normally from Safe Boot mode, see if Pages has returned to normal operational behavior. There may need to be other steps taken if it continues crashing.

Pages Crashes too much

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.