Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps reopening on Startup

Has anyone else had a problem with apps reopening on Startup with Catalina? I have reopen windows when logging back in unchecked, I have no login items, close windows when quitting an app is checked. I always make sure I quit applications before shutting down but nothing seems to fix the problem.

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 1:16 PM

Try unchecking the above box that appears when you shut down the computer.

8 replies

Apr 26, 2020 3:01 PM in response to dancliffordctfc

My issue has been booted to a level 3 engineer. Their first concern was a permission issue that was not addressed using normal permission repair. the new repair is done using terminal commands. I deleted my Home folder and created a new account and pointed it to the "old" Home folder. Same behavior. I will post back when they return more information.

As an additional note: iCloud needs me to sign in and I cannot. so Mail, etc are no longer working. I am sure this is related to why I can not sign in to Gmail as well and why Safari opens tabs from 2 weeks ago. Stuck in a time warp.

Debbie

Apps reopening on Startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.