Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does FaceTime flip/invert your face for the other person?

On FaceTime for me, the little screen showing my face shows it as I see it like in the mirror. To the other person, do they see that or do they see the flipped version of my face? I’ve read that is the case, but I’ve also read that your face only gets inverted when someone takes a FaceTime screenshot. Any help is welcome!!

iPhone 8

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2020 5:16 PM

Hello mughushed and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you have a question about how you appear to someone doing a FaceTime call with you.

The person on the other end of the call sees you just as they would if they were in the same room and looking at you. In other words, there is no "flip" in what they see. You can verify this easily. Do a FaceTime call with anyone and look at lettering on anything from a T-shirt to something in the background. Or have them hold something printed up to the camera. You will be able to read it normally. If it was flipped, it would appear backwards to you.

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2020 5:16 PM in response to mughushed

Hello mughushed and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you have a question about how you appear to someone doing a FaceTime call with you.

The person on the other end of the call sees you just as they would if they were in the same room and looking at you. In other words, there is no "flip" in what they see. You can verify this easily. Do a FaceTime call with anyone and look at lettering on anything from a T-shirt to something in the background. Or have them hold something printed up to the camera. You will be able to read it normally. If it was flipped, it would appear backwards to you.

Cheers.

Does FaceTime flip/invert your face for the other person?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.