Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote access Ipad

I have an iPad air so does my mother, as we are going through coronavirus at the moment, is there any way for me to remote access her ipad to help her when she can't do something on it.

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 12:14 AM

8 replies

Mar 29, 2020 2:29 AM in response to 1bamboogirl

You can’t easily control the remote iPad, but you could try something else...

Use FaceTime to establish an audio call with your Mother - then, you can walk (talk) your Mum through any problems - working through any issues together. The FaceTime call will remain open in the background while you access other Apps or Settings on your respective devices.

I hope you find this suggestion helpful. Keep safe at this difficult time.

Apr 19, 2020 7:12 AM in response to Baker11Baker

As previously stated, remote control isn’t possible.

As for your last question, if you were to attempt log-in to your mothers AppleID from your own iPad, you may trigger a two-factor authentication process - whereby your mother would have to confirm login to the account from another device. If successful, you would be access and manipulate/delete any data (such as Safari Favourites) that synchronised with iCloud.

But - and this is a “big but” - you’ll not be able to log-in again to your own AppleID account, from your own iPad, for 90 days. This mechanism is intended to discourage account abuse.

I would again recommend that you consider using FaceTime as I had previously suggested.

I hope this information is helpful in finding a workable solution.

Remote access Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.