Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote Management for Ipad

I have an grandmother who has an ipad at her home. She wants to use it but is not tech savvy enough to solve any issues with her ipad. She lives 3 hours away from me so it is not easy to trouble shoot any problems she has. Is there a way to set up remote management for her ipad? Could I remote into the ipad from a computer or do I need another ipad to do that?

iPad (6th gen) WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 8:02 AM

iPadOS doesn’t support remote control or remote management of iPad in the manner that you seek. Perhaps the best option, that you already have, is to use a FaceTime call between your iPad’s - and work/talk-through the task at hand.

The FaceTime call can happily work in the background - and you can “lead” the conversation by describing the steps that you perform on your own iPad; your Grandmother simply need to follow-along - and describe any difficulties as work through a problem.

I hope this insight and guidance is helpful to you both.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2020 8:02 AM in response to caleb_grossnickle

iPadOS doesn’t support remote control or remote management of iPad in the manner that you seek. Perhaps the best option, that you already have, is to use a FaceTime call between your iPad’s - and work/talk-through the task at hand.

The FaceTime call can happily work in the background - and you can “lead” the conversation by describing the steps that you perform on your own iPad; your Grandmother simply need to follow-along - and describe any difficulties as work through a problem.

I hope this insight and guidance is helpful to you both.

Remote Management for Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.