Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Browser (Safari) window across two screens

I can't find a way to stretch my browser window across two screens. Is there a workaround?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 12:44 PM

Hello Len Karpinski,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities! I use extended desktop all the time myself, and I see you want to know if you can stretch a window to fill both displays. I'm glad to provide an answer.

This can be done by disabling the "Displays have separate Spaces" checkbox in System Preferences > Mission Control. More information on the other effects of this can be found here: Change Mission Control preferences on Mac

Once you've disabled this option, you can place a window in one corner, then drag the opposite corner of that window to the opposite corner of your second display.

Cheers.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2020 12:44 PM in response to Len Karpinski

Hello Len Karpinski,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities! I use extended desktop all the time myself, and I see you want to know if you can stretch a window to fill both displays. I'm glad to provide an answer.

This can be done by disabling the "Displays have separate Spaces" checkbox in System Preferences > Mission Control. More information on the other effects of this can be found here: Change Mission Control preferences on Mac

Once you've disabled this option, you can place a window in one corner, then drag the opposite corner of that window to the opposite corner of your second display.

Cheers.

Browser (Safari) window across two screens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.