Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change birthdate in iCloud and attach to parent account

Hello. I set up my sons iCloud account on an iPhone and I used my birthday because it wouldn’t let me put in his. Now I’m trying to link that iCloud account to my family sharing and it’s not letting me because it has my birthdate on his account. How do i change the birthdate on his account so I can add his account to my family shearing?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 12:27 PM

Add his account to your family sharing first,

Then change the age of his account.

You cannot change to below 13 years age without being in a family group.

Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support

"To change your birth date to any age below 13*, you must be a member of a Family Sharing group, and your family organizer must approve the change. After updating your birth date, follow the onscreen steps to send an email request to your family organizer. Your family organizer should click Approve Request in the email, then sign in with their Apple ID to confirm the birth date change and agree to the Parent Privacy Disclosure agreement by entering the requested information from their account payment method."

Good luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2020 12:27 PM in response to Robynlourens

Add his account to your family sharing first,

Then change the age of his account.

You cannot change to below 13 years age without being in a family group.

Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support

"To change your birth date to any age below 13*, you must be a member of a Family Sharing group, and your family organizer must approve the change. After updating your birth date, follow the onscreen steps to send an email request to your family organizer. Your family organizer should click Approve Request in the email, then sign in with their Apple ID to confirm the birth date change and agree to the Parent Privacy Disclosure agreement by entering the requested information from their account payment method."

Good luck!

Change birthdate in iCloud and attach to parent account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.