Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what can i do to add my childs current apple id to a new family share an change her birthday to the correct birthday

what can i do to add my childs current apple id to a new family share an change her birthday to the correct birthday

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 2:35 PM

If the Apple ID is currently part of another Family Group and has an age of less than 13, you will need to send a request to the Organizer of that Family Group so they can let the child be moved.

See here: link-> Move a child to another group using Family Sharing - Apple Support

If the child's account is over 13, then can leave the Family Sharing group on their own: link->

Once they have left or if they are not currently part of a family sharing group, then you can invite the account directly like any other account. Link-> Set up Family Sharing - Invite members - Apple Support

The way to change the birthdate will depend on what age its currently at.

If the age is set to 13 or older: then follow the steps here form the child's account: Link-> Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support

If the age is set to 12 or younger, then you will need to contact Apple Support to have it changed. Click here to contact Apple support to have them change the child's birthdate: link-> contact Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2022 2:35 PM in response to star2420

If the Apple ID is currently part of another Family Group and has an age of less than 13, you will need to send a request to the Organizer of that Family Group so they can let the child be moved.

See here: link-> Move a child to another group using Family Sharing - Apple Support

If the child's account is over 13, then can leave the Family Sharing group on their own: link->

Once they have left or if they are not currently part of a family sharing group, then you can invite the account directly like any other account. Link-> Set up Family Sharing - Invite members - Apple Support

The way to change the birthdate will depend on what age its currently at.

If the age is set to 13 or older: then follow the steps here form the child's account: Link-> Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support

If the age is set to 12 or younger, then you will need to contact Apple Support to have it changed. Click here to contact Apple support to have them change the child's birthdate: link-> contact Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.