Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Successfully paired Apple Watch w/iPhone 7+, when tried update Watch, got reset to Factory, now won’t re-pair!

Sorry; misunderstood how this process works!

This watch and iPhone 7+ have been happily paired for 2 years. The iPhone is up to date. Tried to update the watch to the latest: but it said, not enough room on the watch...and it gave as the ONLY option, to Reset to Factory Settings, and then to re-pair the two devices. (Ok; what could possibly go wrong??). So, afterwards, when watch is re-set to factory settings.....I need to Pair them up ——and I cant, after maybe well over a dozen tries (and just as many phone resets on my part; and over several attempts to get Apple Support to call me directly on the Phone, which Apple Support sends me emails saying they have tried, but, they couldn’t. Yet, I didn’t get any cellular call—-or WiFi call on my iPad...So, I dont know what’s going on).  Here’s what happens when I try to pair:  On the watch hit the little i. ; English, United States, Start Pairing....which puts the little fuzzy ball on the watch screen; on the phone Apple Watch app, I got to Pair, Hold the watch screen up to the camera, align it with the viewfinder......and nothing happens (time after time after time.....).  Then, on the watch, I hit the little.    i  in the bottom right-hand corner, which gives me the Apple Watch xxxxx number; and likewise on the phone I hit “Pair Apple Watch Manually”, which then says “Tap the “i” icon on your Apple Wtch to view its name, then tap the corresponding name in the list below....Devices:     “.  But, NOTHING shows up under Devices on the iPhone (ie the number xxxxx doesnt show up). And time after time, this is where I’m stuck. Even after re-starting the phone and trying again and again and again.  These two devices which have been joined at the hip for two years, now don’t know each other is there. And, yes, I have turned the phone’s Bluetooth OFF, then On again. It changes nothing. REALLY WOULD LIKE SOMEONE FROM SUPPORT TO ACTUALLY CALL AND HELP; my watch right now, since totally unpaired, is a useless hunk of junk! Dave

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 4

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 2:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 2:46 PM

Unfortunately, no one here can help you get Apple to call you. This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here. The best I can give you on this is to check the steps in this support document. If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Successfully paired Apple Watch w/iPhone 7+, when tried update Watch, got reset to Factory, now won’t re-pair!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.