Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Store carrying a Damaged download file for MacOS High Sierra?

Trying to download High Sierra 13.0 and receiving the following issue from Apple Store, This copy of the install MacOS High Sierra application is damaged & can't be used to install MacOS...I tried it many times...Any thoughts on a work around? Many Thanks!

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 5:22 PM

Brody,

Thanks for your input...Normally , I imagine this works, but I followed the same steps before plus try again (after your note) and received the same message above! I currently have Sierra and have 380 GB left in storage...Is there a work around or a way to let Apple Store know the application being damaged? Many thanks!

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2020 5:22 PM in response to a brody

Brody,

Thanks for your input...Normally , I imagine this works, but I followed the same steps before plus try again (after your note) and received the same message above! I currently have Sierra and have 380 GB left in storage...Is there a work around or a way to let Apple Store know the application being damaged? Many thanks!

Mar 29, 2020 4:55 PM in response to rds777

You can always download High Sierra from:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208969

Be sure to use the required minimum operating system. You can't install it directly from Mojave or later.

If your Mac shipped with High Sierra, you can use the system restore function with command-option-shift-r (all four keys must be depressed at startup) to restore it if the machine lost its restore partition for it.

Mar 29, 2020 6:28 PM in response to rds777

This sounds like a router or connection issue you might be having. Make sure you use either a WPA2 secure WiFi connection over cable or fiberoptic internet or ethernet direct to modem. Satellite modems may have latency issues.

Tethering phones may have dropped connections during download.

You may have to delete the installer from the Applications folder and try again.

Worst comes to worse, clone your drive to two separate locations, and and erase the drive installing the first OS that came with the Mac to and then use the migration assistant after installing High Sierra. Carbon Copy Cloner is a great solution,

Apr 2, 2020 2:40 PM in response to rds777

Did you get it OK?

You just that you have an old copy already in Applications if it says damaged when running it, there are 2 cures...

Disconnect from the Internet & set the Date back to 2014, then you can run the Install MacsOS High Sierra App in Applications, so expired Certificates are not expired.

Or... trash the Install MacsOS High Sierra.app in Applications then a new copy can be downloaded.

Apple Store carrying a Damaged download file for MacOS High Sierra?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.