Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio Inputs for Logic Pro X

Can I use Airpods as the mic input for recording an audio track in Logic Pro X?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 9:26 PM

Well, it is because output can be just streaming and input is intended for low latency synchronous voice communication (ex: phone). When using the mic the Bluetooth device switches to a "lower" quality protocol in order to keep the latency as low as possible. This means an audio digital sampling rate unsupported by Logic. Other applications may be able to record from the Airpods mic.

If you like technical reading, search the Web for stuff like "Bluetooth profiles", "Hands-Free Profile (HFP)" or "Synchronous Connection Oriented (SCO) link".

Note: I have no clues on how Apple exactly implemented all this in the Airpods.

Hope this answers your question.

WD

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2020 9:26 PM in response to DietLava

Well, it is because output can be just streaming and input is intended for low latency synchronous voice communication (ex: phone). When using the mic the Bluetooth device switches to a "lower" quality protocol in order to keep the latency as low as possible. This means an audio digital sampling rate unsupported by Logic. Other applications may be able to record from the Airpods mic.

If you like technical reading, search the Web for stuff like "Bluetooth profiles", "Hands-Free Profile (HFP)" or "Synchronous Connection Oriented (SCO) link".

Note: I have no clues on how Apple exactly implemented all this in the Airpods.

Hope this answers your question.

WD

Audio Inputs for Logic Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.