Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screentime bug on iPad pro, IOS 12

Hi, I have found a severe bug about screen time since last year. It seems that it still exists.

The statistics of screen-time has always been incorrect.

When I unlock my iPad and immediately open the screen-time, the time during the previous hour will be eradicated! Look at my screenshot below. I have used my iPad for more than 50 mins during 14.pm to 15.pm, but the statistics suddenly dropped to less than 10 minute when I open the screen-time. It was correct before I lock and unlock the iPad and I saw it 'DROPPED' ; (

You can see that the sum of use time of all App is more than 4hrs, but the screen-time shows that it is only 2h 40min! (I did not split the screen today).

It happens for nearly a hundred times during the past year. I am really suffering from this problem. (maybe I have OCD haha ) So could you kindly fix this problem?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Mar 30, 2020 12:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2020 4:34 AM

Which model of iPad Pro do you have?

With the sole exception of the iPad Pro 9.7”, which has only the minimum iPadOS supported RAM configuration (2GB) and less powerful CPU, all other Pro models feature at least 4GB RAM and good CPU/GPU capability. So, subject to the one stared caveat, you should provide good performance with iPadOS 13.x.

If you stay with your current configuration, other than attempting reset of All Settings, you’ll not be able to work through resolution of any problems that you have.

Whilst the choice or updating your iPad, or not, is entirely you decision alone to make - with the singular exception of the Pro 9.7”, I personally wouldn’t be overly concerned about any detriment to performance.

Any update always carries an element of risk - as does leaving an older “unpatched” version of system software. Updates fix both functional and security issues.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2020 4:34 AM in response to Cecilia_YuZixuan

Which model of iPad Pro do you have?

With the sole exception of the iPad Pro 9.7”, which has only the minimum iPadOS supported RAM configuration (2GB) and less powerful CPU, all other Pro models feature at least 4GB RAM and good CPU/GPU capability. So, subject to the one stared caveat, you should provide good performance with iPadOS 13.x.

If you stay with your current configuration, other than attempting reset of All Settings, you’ll not be able to work through resolution of any problems that you have.

Whilst the choice or updating your iPad, or not, is entirely you decision alone to make - with the singular exception of the Pro 9.7”, I personally wouldn’t be overly concerned about any detriment to performance.

Any update always carries an element of risk - as does leaving an older “unpatched” version of system software. Updates fix both functional and security issues.

Mar 30, 2020 1:13 AM in response to Cecilia_YuZixuan

Assuming that your running iOS 12.x, per the title of your post - and as all models of iPad Pro support and are capable of being updated to the current iPadOS 13.4 - you may not be surprised to receive advice that you should update your iPad to the current version.

You’ll not be able to re-install any version of iOS 12 on your iPad. As most debug actions will lead to either a software update or restore procedure, eventual update of your iPad to iPadOS is inevitable, so you may may as well start with this update. You’ll have access to many new features and will benefit from many fixes along the way.

Mar 30, 2020 4:42 AM in response to Cecilia_YuZixuan

I have two iPad Pro 10.5” device within reach, upon one of which I writing this reply. Both iPads Pro 10.5 perform very well with iPadOS 13.4. If you have a 10.5, I have no hesitation at all in recommending that you update.

As previously noted, every update carries an element of risk - but on the basis of performance alone, you should not see any issues.

I hope that this reassurance is helpful. For the benefit of others, do let us know how you get on.

Mar 30, 2020 4:58 AM in response to Cecilia_YuZixuan

Always a pleasure to assist - especially to those who have the courtesy to reply. I hope the upgrade goes well.

One additional tip...

Whilst not absolutely necessary - but for the purpose of ensuring that the iPad has uninterrupted power during the update process - I recommend that you iPad has at least 75% battery charge before commencing the update and that you keep the iPad connected to its charger throughout the update process.

screentime bug on iPad pro, IOS 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.