Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot Apple ID and can not verify.

I’ve forgotten the password to my daughters Apple ID which is her new iCloud email address. When I go through they forgot password option I get verification message through my mobile phone which I can access no problem but it then asks to confirm the code sent to the iCloud acct that I can’t access!?

It said I had to wait hours. I tried again this morning and I’m told I need to wait 13 days??

can anyone help with this?

iPhone SE

Posted on Mar 30, 2020 1:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2020 6:32 AM

"I have to wait 13 days in this period of recovery. Why so don’t know. Not so I believe I will be any further forward in 13 days time if they just send another code to my phone but another to the email address that I can not access."

If the recovery is not done in the 13 days, then you should get another 13 days I believe. But, besides giving you my belief, I also can give you this information.

“If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity. “After you request account recovery, you'll get an email with a confirmation of your request and the date and time of when you can expect to regain access.” … When the wait period is over, Apple sends you a text or automated phone call with instructions to regain access to your account. Follow the instructions to immediately regain access to your Apple ID.”

See Check the status or cancel your request using the above link. Here is part of what you will find.

"At any time, you can see how long it will be until your account is ready for recovery, or when more information will be available. Just go to iforgot.apple.com and enter your Apple ID.

If you remember your information and can sign in successfully, your wait period cancels automatically and you can use your Apple ID immediately.

To cancel a recovery request that you did not make, follow the instructions in your email confirmation." 

Similar questions

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2020 6:32 AM in response to peco141

"I have to wait 13 days in this period of recovery. Why so don’t know. Not so I believe I will be any further forward in 13 days time if they just send another code to my phone but another to the email address that I can not access."

If the recovery is not done in the 13 days, then you should get another 13 days I believe. But, besides giving you my belief, I also can give you this information.

“If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity. “After you request account recovery, you'll get an email with a confirmation of your request and the date and time of when you can expect to regain access.” … When the wait period is over, Apple sends you a text or automated phone call with instructions to regain access to your account. Follow the instructions to immediately regain access to your Apple ID.”

See Check the status or cancel your request using the above link. Here is part of what you will find.

"At any time, you can see how long it will be until your account is ready for recovery, or when more information will be available. Just go to iforgot.apple.com and enter your Apple ID.

If you remember your information and can sign in successfully, your wait period cancels automatically and you can use your Apple ID immediately.

To cancel a recovery request that you did not make, follow the instructions in your email confirmation." 

Mar 30, 2020 5:29 AM in response to peco141

Is activation lock your problem? If yes, see below.

To remove the activation lock you will need to have the Apple ID/Password of the rightful owner of the iPad unless there are extenuating circumstances, e.g., you have a purchase receipt with the pad’s serial number on it or you inherited it through the death of someone and you have death-related proof of ownership. Under these alternatives, Apple, at its discretion may remove the activation lock. To get pertinent support, see:

Get a call from Apple support to help solve your problem using this link https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=kbase&PGF=PGF63005&category_id=SC0245&symptom_id=23362

Apple ID Support https://support.apple.com/apple-id

Apple ID account security for country-specific and region-specific helphttps://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204169

Get Support: We’re here to help  https://getsupport.apple.com/. Go through the options to find the best support option.

Mar 30, 2020 5:32 AM in response to donv_the_ghost

It was the notification I received when I selected that I couldn’t access the email to get the code to verify.

Really surprised by this process from Apple.

Concern is I wait 13 days and the same problem occurs and the code can not be sent, or should I say I won’t be able to access it.

I cant just erase the phone and create and new Apple ID as I believe I need to sign out of the current one (which I can’t get back into) in order to factory reset.

Surely there is a way round this which is what I was hoping someone could help me with.

Mar 30, 2020 6:18 AM in response to donv_the_ghost

No. Basically set up an Apple account for my daughter. Used my cell as a point of contact. The username is the iCloud account (email address).

I’ve managed to write down the password wrong and couldn’t get into the App Store. In turn this has locked us out of the Apple ID account.

The only way back in is two verifications. One which is a code to my mobile (cell phone) the other is the iCloud account which we are locked out of.

I appreciate this my error in noting down the password incorrectly but there seems to be no way to fix this.

I have to wait 13 days in this period of recovery. Why so don’t know. Not so I believe I will be any further forward in 13 days time if they just send another code to my phone but another to the email address that I can not access.

This account was set up on a spare iPhone. It’s was set up through family sharing so surely something can be done to take me through some other security to get us back in.

If I connect the mobile to iTunes on a PC will I I’ve any options to get this resolved?

Mar 30, 2020 8:18 AM in response to donv_the_ghost

Thanks for this Dony. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

This just seems a ridiculously long amount of time to reset a password.

I understand that they have limited amount of security info on the account t because it is new but they have all my details from the family sharing side of. Additionally whatever they plan on asking for, security wise, in 13 days time I can answer just now. Why the wait?

I have literally spent thousands on Apple over the years and am faced with what appears to be an absolutely nonsensical period of time to wait get access to my daughters phone due to a simple mistake of writing down a password wrong.

Like I said I can answer all security questions now so there should be something in place to allow me access.

My little girl is quite gutted she cannot message her friend while we are stuck in self isolation and we can’t go outside.

I have never experienced anything like this before. I expect more from Apple I really do.

Forgot Apple ID and can not verify.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.