Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Enable "Add Wi-Fi Calling for Other Devices"

I'm trying to enable the bottom toggle, however I'm unable to flip it to on. Does anyone know why this would be? I want to be able to receive calls on my Apple Watch even if my phone is off. I have Verizon, it shows VZW WIFI as my service, and wifi calling is supported.

iPhone XS

Posted on Mar 30, 2020 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 10:21 AM

I'm having the same problem. I have a brand new iPhone 11 pro max with spectrum. They say i'm enabled on their end, but when I toggle wifi calling on and then leave settings, it always toggles back. It also will not give me the option to update the emergency address. It's as if something is missing. I even went through and completely reset my phone to new. I'm running the latest ios update. Nothing works.

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2020 10:21 AM in response to phil1992

I'm having the same problem. I have a brand new iPhone 11 pro max with spectrum. They say i'm enabled on their end, but when I toggle wifi calling on and then leave settings, it always toggles back. It also will not give me the option to update the emergency address. It's as if something is missing. I even went through and completely reset my phone to new. I'm running the latest ios update. Nothing works.

Apr 1, 2020 1:29 PM in response to phil1992

Hello phil1992,

I understand that you're trying to enable Wi-Fi calling so you can receive calls on your Apple Watch when your iPhone is off. I am happy to help you out here.

Let's follow the steps provided in the article below for help with Wi-Fi calling.

Make a call with Wi-Fi Calling

Keep me posted on your progress and if you were able to enable the Wi-Fi calling feature.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Apr 1, 2020 2:04 PM in response to phil1992

Hi Phil,

Did that Allow WiFi Calling even when the iPhone is not nearby ever work in the past for you with Verizon and this same iPhone? The feature is called Allow WiFi calling with iCloud connected devices and Verizon Wireless has the capability to offer that. Not all carriers offer this feature. I had the same issue with T-Mobile which also offers the feature. I called T-Mobile support when I was having this issue and they were able to fix things on their side and had me ➔ Force ReStart the iPhone and then once my iPhone was back up then I was able to use the feature.

Give Verizon a call and thus may turn into a quick fix that way.

Axel F.

Apr 1, 2020 2:51 PM in response to phil1992

Absolutely Yes. Force ReStart clears the RAM before restarting among other things. I encourage you to perform it exactly as instructed in the article from my post above. You will NOT lose any data or settings. Also double check that you are on the latest iOS version 13.4 in Settings ➔ General ➔ Software Update.

You may also want to ➔ Force Close All Your Apps if you haven't already before you do the ➔ Force ReStart.

Axel F.

Can't Enable "Add Wi-Fi Calling for Other Devices"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.