Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic mouse scrolling function doesn't work

I've installed iPadOS 13.4 on my iPad pro 10.5 inch. Then I've connected my 1st generation Magic Mouse to iPad and found that vertical and horizontal scrolling function doesn't work. I can use only buttons of magic mouse on my iPad but all of the functions work properly on my Mac mini. Can you please explain me how can i activate scrolling on my iPad?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Mar 30, 2020 3:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2020 3:40 PM

Support for 1st generation devices is limited.

iPadOS 13.4 doesn't support scrolling or other gestures with Apple Magic Mouse (1st generation) and Magic Trackpad (1st generation).

3 replies

May 6, 2020 8:41 AM in response to pilot-mark

I just updated my iPad and have the same issue. Have you resolved this issue.

Just to confirm, you’re using the same Magic Mouse on both devices and the iPad mini works and the 10.5 iPad doesn’t work? Everyone answered with Apple’s generic response to this issue.

I thought that I had read about this awhile back about people having the ability to use the older devices and then through an update it was taken away. Are both of your devices updated the same?

Magic mouse scrolling function doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.