Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost phone, offline on Find My Phone

Hey fam. I lost my iPhone earlier this month(March) I've been trying to locate it on Find My phone but it's been offline ever since. Isn't there another way i can find it?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 30, 2020 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2020 5:45 PM

If the iPhone is unable to connect to the internet, either via a Cellular or a WiFi network, then you are not going to be able to locate it on the Find My app. The thing is that if your iPhone is in a hard to find area then by now it has lost its charge and will not be online and if it was stolen then the thief has already reset the passcode and in the process all the data is erase.

What you can do is leave the iPhone listed as an item under your Apple ID so that the iPhone cannot be activated. Call your carrier and report the iPhone lost and have them blacklist it. Report it lost / stolen at your local police department.

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2020 5:45 PM in response to Warrase_

If the iPhone is unable to connect to the internet, either via a Cellular or a WiFi network, then you are not going to be able to locate it on the Find My app. The thing is that if your iPhone is in a hard to find area then by now it has lost its charge and will not be online and if it was stolen then the thief has already reset the passcode and in the process all the data is erase.

What you can do is leave the iPhone listed as an item under your Apple ID so that the iPhone cannot be activated. Call your carrier and report the iPhone lost and have them blacklist it. Report it lost / stolen at your local police department.

Axel F.

Lost phone, offline on Find My Phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.