Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get a list of devices on my home wifi network?

Is there an easy way to produce a list of devices on my wifi network, e.g., TVs, computers, iPhones, thermostats, etc? Preferably using Mac system software, but would be willing to get an app if necessary.

I'd like one as "smart" as possible, that could translate the ip addresses to actual device names, even if they're educated guesses.

Thanks in advance!

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 8:15 AM

You don’t say if you are using a WiFi router for your network? Are you? If so the router should provide you with a list of devices. You don't need an app for your Mac. Log into your router and look for the WiFi tab or DHCP menu. All routers are different in their menus. Use the manual if you have one.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2020 8:15 AM in response to atthecshore

You don’t say if you are using a WiFi router for your network? Are you? If so the router should provide you with a list of devices. You don't need an app for your Mac. Log into your router and look for the WiFi tab or DHCP menu. All routers are different in their menus. Use the manual if you have one.

Mar 31, 2020 7:30 AM in response to atthecshore

atthecshore wrote:

Is there an easy way to produce a list of devices on my wifi network, e.g., TVs, computers, iPhones, thermostats, etc? Preferably using Mac system software, but would be willing to get an app if necessary.

I'd like one as "smart" as possible, that could translate the ip addresses to actual device names, even if they're educated guesses.

Thanks in advance!

https://osxdaily.com/2016/11/03/view-lan-device-ip-address-arp/

Mar 31, 2020 8:02 AM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks - that seems to produce a list of devices currently active. I'm looking for a list of ALL devices. For example, I have 4 thermostats that aren't listed, likely because they are only active at very sporadic intervals.

I guess what I need is an app (or something) that "listens" for a few hours, and then produces a list.

Maybe I'm dreaming, but anyone know anything like that out there?

Mar 31, 2020 8:47 AM in response to atthecshore

atthecshore wrote:

Thanks - that seems to produce a list of devices currently active. I'm looking for a list of ALL devices. For example, I have 4 thermostats that aren't listed, likely because they are only active at very sporadic intervals.

I guess what I need is an app (or something) that "listens" for a few hours, and then produces a list.

Maybe I'm dreaming, but anyone know anything like that out there?

Typically from a browser you can log into your Router and see a list of connected devices:

copy and paste:

192.168.1.1/

How to get a list of devices on my home wifi network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.