Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix and Safari 13

We have been using Netflix for years with no issues. Suddenly (and I'm assuming after a nighttime update), I can't get it to stream on my MacBook Pro (10.15.4) in Safari (13.1). I can get it on my tv, iPhone SE, etc - and my computer can stream YouTube and Prime, so it's specifically a Netflix - Safari relationship issue. Anyone? Netflix, Apple and my internet provider all want to point me to the others.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 8:41 AM

3 replies

Mar 31, 2020 8:55 AM in response to wow8kids

Uninstall Anti-virus applications if installed.

Click View menu in the menu bar and choose Customize Toolbar.

Drag the Websites Preferences icon to the Toolbar.

Visit the streaming video website.

Click the Website Preferences icon in the Toolbar.

1. Deselect  “Enable Content Blockers” if selected.

2  Click “Auto-Play and select either “Allow All Auto_play or “Never  Auto-Play.

For details:   https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/customize-settings-per-website-ibrw7f78f7fe/mac

Mar 31, 2020 9:51 AM in response to wow8kids

I take that back. After I did the things that dominic23 suggested, I also cleared my history / cookies - and now it's working. Thank you!

SO - if you are having this problem - turn your computer off and on. Sign out of and back into Netflix (because that's what everyone says to do anyway), then follow the steps from dominic23 and clear your history/cookies. Not sure what steps or what combination of steps actually made it work - but that's what I did and now it's working. No thanks to the rude customer service people at Netflix. Boo.

Netflix and Safari 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.