Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Backup

I'm just trying to back up my sons iPhone 6. When I connect it to iTunes it recognises it, but then asks me whether I want to set it up as new phone or restore from a previous back up, neither of which I want to do?

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 10:57 AM

That is the message that is displayed to first time you connect an iPhone to a computer. The very poor wording on it always scares the heck out of me but the set up as new option is what I have done with several devices and have never lost any data. I suspect it is trying to say set up as a newly connected device to this computer (and that wording could still use improvement too).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2020 10:57 AM in response to Mozzacalling

That is the message that is displayed to first time you connect an iPhone to a computer. The very poor wording on it always scares the heck out of me but the set up as new option is what I have done with several devices and have never lost any data. I suspect it is trying to say set up as a newly connected device to this computer (and that wording could still use improvement too).

iPhone Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.