Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mavericks verification code window problem

Hi, there hasn't been looking any new update on my macbook so I wanted to reset it to fix this problem. However, when I erased mavericks system, I tried to reinstall the system, and apple id and password window showed up. I entered my apple id and password and clicked continue button but it required a verification code; a verification code appeared on my iPhone but there was no window to enter my verification code. And now I don't know what to do. I can't use my macbook right now. Please could you help me about it?

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 12:40 PM

Hello,

This sounds like it is related to Two-Factor Authentication. You will need to generate a secure code from another device and type it after your password. Example: password123456

Two-Factor Authentication

2 replies

Apr 3, 2020 11:50 AM in response to QuickPost

I solved this problem but right now I have an another issue. Actually this issue was my reason to reset my macbook, but it seems nothing has changed. I can't update my software. It was on Yosemite and after reseting it seems Mountain Lion... Now it's version 10.8.5. and I can't get Catalina because it needs an higher version. However I don't know to how to make it higher :) , baceuse there is no any other option :(

mavericks verification code window problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.