Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone keeps asking me to sign into a different id

Hi, a few years ago I received my mom’s old iPhone after breaking mine. That old phone kept asking me to update her apple id despite being signed into mine. And last year I upgraded to a new iPhone and transferred the sim card to keep all my apps and everything and it’s still asking me to update her id. How do I get rid of this?

iPhone 7

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 12:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 12:47 PM

Where is it asking you to sign in? Check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

Or you can try to set up Family Sharing to keep access to your purchases.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.        

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2020 12:47 PM in response to Caliwali6

Where is it asking you to sign in? Check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

Or you can try to set up Family Sharing to keep access to your purchases.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.        

Iphone keeps asking me to sign into a different id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.