completely removing old deleted Apple ID

when I got my iPhone it had my daughters Apple ID in it. It used to be her phone. I removed her Apple ID but sometimes it’s still asked me to sign into her Apple ID instead of mine. How do I make this stop?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 12:18 PM

It sounds as if you may have apps on the phone that were downloaded/purchased under your daughter's Apple ID. When they need to be updated, you will be asked for the Apple ID and passcode under which they were downloaded/purchased. Ideally, the phone should have been completely wiped before you got it. Now, you'll need to figure out which apps are the problem ones, delete them and then redownload/re-repurchase them under your Apple ID.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2023 12:18 PM in response to ashlap

It sounds as if you may have apps on the phone that were downloaded/purchased under your daughter's Apple ID. When they need to be updated, you will be asked for the Apple ID and passcode under which they were downloaded/purchased. Ideally, the phone should have been completely wiped before you got it. Now, you'll need to figure out which apps are the problem ones, delete them and then redownload/re-repurchase them under your Apple ID.

completely removing old deleted Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.