Related Article: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted child Apple ID

I created a child Apple ID for my daughter on her new iPhone. Then we decided to delete this Apple ID, to change to another. Now old Apple ID is deleted, and we cannot sign out to create the new one. How can we do it?

iPhone 12

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 9:03 AM

How exactly did you delete the Apple ID?

Did you have Apple delete it entirely from existence as shown in this Apple support document➜ How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

If so, Apple advises that you must sign out of the device using the Apple ID before it is deleted, otherwise you may not be able to and the device may become unusable.

"Make sure that you sign out of all your devices to avoid issues with apps that use your Apple ID account or iCloud. After your account is deleted, you can't sign out of iCloud or turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock on your devices. If you forget to sign out, you might not be able to use your device when your account is deleted."

If you did do that, then you will need to contact Apple Support directly and see if they can help you release the device from the deleted Apple ID. click here ➡️ contact Apple Support

If you did something else, then explain exactly what you did to "delete" this Apple ID.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2023 9:03 AM in response to lakuanda

How exactly did you delete the Apple ID?

Did you have Apple delete it entirely from existence as shown in this Apple support document➜ How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

If so, Apple advises that you must sign out of the device using the Apple ID before it is deleted, otherwise you may not be able to and the device may become unusable.

"Make sure that you sign out of all your devices to avoid issues with apps that use your Apple ID account or iCloud. After your account is deleted, you can't sign out of iCloud or turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock on your devices. If you forget to sign out, you might not be able to use your device when your account is deleted."

If you did do that, then you will need to contact Apple Support directly and see if they can help you release the device from the deleted Apple ID. click here ➡️ contact Apple Support

If you did something else, then explain exactly what you did to "delete" this Apple ID.

Jan 12, 2023 8:26 AM in response to lakuanda

You will need the original purchase receipt from Apple or an Apple authorized reseller for them to help you release it.

Unfortunately, there is no way around that at this point.

lakuanda wrote:

I have asked Apple to delete it. Wanted to create another Apple ID.

Not sure why you would want to do that. You could have updated the existing one if you wanted to change or correct the associated email address.

Deleted child Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.