Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SCAM EMAILS

How can I stop receiving unusual or illegitimate emails from unrecognized apple ID users indicating that I purchased something online using my apple ID account or I did use my apple ID account to buy items online. Please help me. Thank you.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 1:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 6:01 PM

MommyDarling Said:

SCAM EMAILS: How can I stop receiving unusual or illegitimate emails from unrecognized apple ID users indicating that I purchased something online using my apple ID account or I did use my apple ID account to buy items online. Please help me. Thank you.

———-

Filters and The Safe List:

Without creating a new account, use filters and a Safe List. Contact your eMail provider about creating these.

Transferring Between Accounts:

If you want to solve this 100%, create a new eMail account. Then export your current eMail Address’ contacts and emails to your computer. Next, import them to the new eMail account. Contact your eMail provider about performing this.

Filters:

Filter particular eMails, and base the filtering off of:

• domain name
  • sender’s name
  • contains word

Safe eMail Address:

Also, select to receive eMail from none other than those who are not in your contact list.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2020 6:01 PM in response to MommyDarling

MommyDarling Said:

SCAM EMAILS: How can I stop receiving unusual or illegitimate emails from unrecognized apple ID users indicating that I purchased something online using my apple ID account or I did use my apple ID account to buy items online. Please help me. Thank you.

———-

Filters and The Safe List:

Without creating a new account, use filters and a Safe List. Contact your eMail provider about creating these.

Transferring Between Accounts:

If you want to solve this 100%, create a new eMail account. Then export your current eMail Address’ contacts and emails to your computer. Next, import them to the new eMail account. Contact your eMail provider about performing this.

Filters:

Filter particular eMails, and base the filtering off of:

• domain name
  • sender’s name
  • contains word

Safe eMail Address:

Also, select to receive eMail from none other than those who are not in your contact list.

SCAM EMAILS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.