Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

app access to camera and microphone mac

Apps like Zoom, Microsoft meetings, Facebook or Skype the camera and microphone won't work for me. For all the apps it says go to system preferences- security and privacy. I cannot see any apps in the camera or microphone tabs and no option to add any. I have tried reinstalling app software, repairing my permissions in utility terminal, repair, installing new Catalina did nothing... apple support said try contacting Microsoft to see if its an app compatibility issue but i know tons of people with macs and these apps... can't use this macbook air for school now very frustrating. Please help

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 9:29 AM

That's good news since there have been scattered reports recently regarding what's likely to be an unrelated problem. In them, the FaceTime and Photo Booth apps don't work and System Information is reporting a camera isn't even installed.

So your problem is different. In that case you need to ask those vendors why it's not working: Zoom, Microsoft, Facebook, Skype.

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

You could ask Apple, who may have other suggestions: Contact Support. If FaceTime and Photo Booth are working though, they'll probably give you the same answer.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2020 9:29 AM in response to TaliaLarue

That's good news since there have been scattered reports recently regarding what's likely to be an unrelated problem. In them, the FaceTime and Photo Booth apps don't work and System Information is reporting a camera isn't even installed.

So your problem is different. In that case you need to ask those vendors why it's not working: Zoom, Microsoft, Facebook, Skype.

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

You could ask Apple, who may have other suggestions: Contact Support. If FaceTime and Photo Booth are working though, they'll probably give you the same answer.

app access to camera and microphone mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.