You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

šŸ“¢ Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no oneā€™s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad FILES.APP not accessing IPad Photos

Running Files app on ios13 on IPad Pro.

The iCloud icon shows in Locations, and a few folders appear but not the main PHOTOS folder or any of the Albms or photos there. I can access those items on my iPad of course, and if I sign on to iCloud through Safari, etc. But they DONT SHOW in the Files app.

Iā€™ve followed multiple online advice to remedy this: resetting every related setting, uninstalling and reinstalling Files, sacrificing live chickens to Cyber Gods (kidding)... but canā€™t resolve the problem.

Any ideas?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 2:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 3:00 PM

The content of the Photos App does not appear in the Files App. There's no way to make it show up there.

Why do you need it in the Files App?

You can move photos and videos from the Photos App to the Files app if you need to, by tapping on the share icon in the Photos App when viewing a photo or video and selecting "Save to Files" from the share menu.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 31, 2020 3:00 PM in response to Jerome4501

The content of the Photos App does not appear in the Files App. There's no way to make it show up there.

Why do you need it in the Files App?

You can move photos and videos from the Photos App to the Files app if you need to, by tapping on the share icon in the Photos App when viewing a photo or video and selecting "Save to Files" from the share menu.

Mar 31, 2020 3:26 PM in response to Phil0124

Thanks for the quick response. i know about the save-to-files option. But itā€™s tedious and repetitive and inefficient to use it.

Iā€™m working with three or four photo and film editing apps. All automatically default to load and/or save files to or from the Photo App. But often I save a progression of the edited files with minor composition changes and different extensions (jpeg, tiff, png, etc). I can name those files in the editing apps with identifying hints and save them. But later, if I need to find one or two in the sequence, the Photo App doesnā€™t show any identifying name or extension info. I thought I would be able to do that with the Files app, but apparently not ā˜¹ļø...

again, thanks for the reply, & stay healthy!

doing

Ipad FILES.APP not accessing IPad Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.