Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod 7 will not update. Says it has requested update, will try later tonight, but it never does. All attempts using device, using itune with computer have not worked

ipod 7 will not update iTunes. Says it has requested update, will try later tonight, but it never does. All attempts using device, using iTunes with computer have not worked. How is this achievable?

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 12:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 5:12 AM

O.K. I totally gave up, contacted apple who replied I should send it in as it's under warranty. I then agreed and decided to prepare it by attempting to wipe it clean and it did it?!? I then re-set up the whole thing as if it were new and now the stupid thing is connecting, downloading, etc...…….go figure. I never had these problems with my old iPod which died of old age.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2020 5:12 AM in response to the fiend

O.K. I totally gave up, contacted apple who replied I should send it in as it's under warranty. I then agreed and decided to prepare it by attempting to wipe it clean and it did it?!? I then re-set up the whole thing as if it were new and now the stupid thing is connecting, downloading, etc...…….go figure. I never had these problems with my old iPod which died of old age.

Apr 2, 2020 4:49 AM in response to garydb69

If your iPod still has iOS 12.3 on it, that sounds as though it hasn't updated in a long time because there have been several updates since iOS 12.3.1 was first made available.

This might sound like a silly question but you are putting the iPod into sleep mode at night rather than turning it off? It cannot update if it's off.

ipod 7 will not update. Says it has requested update, will try later tonight, but it never does. All attempts using device, using itune with computer have not worked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.