Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina 10.15.4 problem: HP Envy 5055 Printer No longer printing

After downloading the latest update, Catalina 10.15.4, I can no longer print on my wirelessly connected HP Envy 5055 All in one printer. I have already updated all of the software, including the HP drivers, network, etc. Nothing works. Please help. Teleworking and need to be able to print. The printer recognizes the network, and prints the test pages properly from the HP Easy Start. It just doesn't print documents that you send to print, I always get the message "Looking for printer" and it never finds it. Help! Thank you

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 7:18 AM

Catalina has Apple's AirPrint technology built-in, and it shows support for the HP Envy 5055 printer — without HP software or drivers. AirPrint will handle your printer either wirelessly or wired.

In the Printers & Scanners System Preference pane, right/control-click on your Envy 5055 printer entry under Printers. Choose Reset Printing System… You will be prompted for your admin (user) password, and this printer entry will be removed, and a another panel will appear where Apple's Bonjour has detected your printer on the network. Click that, and this will lead to a re-add printer panel. There will be a selection available to use the previous Envy 5055 driver settings, or further down on that selection list will be AirPrint, which you should select. Your Envy 5055 will be added with AirPrint support. Print something.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2020 7:18 AM in response to Ipod Lover

Catalina has Apple's AirPrint technology built-in, and it shows support for the HP Envy 5055 printer — without HP software or drivers. AirPrint will handle your printer either wirelessly or wired.

In the Printers & Scanners System Preference pane, right/control-click on your Envy 5055 printer entry under Printers. Choose Reset Printing System… You will be prompted for your admin (user) password, and this printer entry will be removed, and a another panel will appear where Apple's Bonjour has detected your printer on the network. Click that, and this will lead to a re-add printer panel. There will be a selection available to use the previous Envy 5055 driver settings, or further down on that selection list will be AirPrint, which you should select. Your Envy 5055 will be added with AirPrint support. Print something.

Catalina 10.15.4 problem: HP Envy 5055 Printer No longer printing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.