Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 6th Gen and Facebook issue

Since last update from Apple, I cannot see my notifications on Facebook. I see them on my Samsung phone and on browser but not on Facebook via App. As it works ok on everything else can you suggest how to rectify please. I’ve rest my iPad and reinstalled Facebook but no luck

This is what I get via Facebook app on my iPad. Any help would be appreciated

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 8:10 AM

11 replies

Apr 2, 2020 7:18 AM in response to BigArthur

This may be long shot - but is worth a try as it costs you nothing but a few moments without an internet connection...

Restart your Home Router. Disconnect power from your router, wait at least 30 seconds, then restart your router. After your router finishes its reboot (which may take many minutes) force restart your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Apr 2, 2020 7:14 AM in response to BigArthur

It may also just be a random issue with facebook that resolves on its own.

Sometimes my notifications don’t come up and i try back later and they do.

Facebook, like many services, will fiddle with things behind the scenes, causing small disruption, that they don’t notify anyone of that clear up on their own.

You could also try to access your account using Safari instead of the app. I personally abandoned their app years ago.

iPad 6th Gen and Facebook issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.