Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie and High Sieera

I have a Macbook Pro (Retina, early 2015, MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6). The iMovie app in app store says macOS version 10.14.6 or later is required. What iMovie version can I use and how do I get it if no other options seem to be available on app store?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 10:49 AM

Your best bet is to update to Mojave if you can do that. Then you can get current version of iMovie.

Otherwise you can update to the highest iMovie 10 version that High Sierra can run, that I think is iMovie 10.1.8 or 10.1.9.

To do that, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. Then sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see

your purchases displayed, including iMovie. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2020 10:49 AM in response to Julius04

Your best bet is to update to Mojave if you can do that. Then you can get current version of iMovie.

Otherwise you can update to the highest iMovie 10 version that High Sierra can run, that I think is iMovie 10.1.8 or 10.1.9.

To do that, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. Then sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see

your purchases displayed, including iMovie. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

iMovie and High Sieera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.