Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMovie for MacBook Air 2015

I purchased a used MacBook Air 2015 specifically for the iMovie app. I keep getting a message the you need the macOS version 11.5.01? Does this mean I can’t get the iMovie app because this is the only reason I purchased a MacBook???

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 3:37 PM

The problem is that the Apple I.D. of the prior owner is different than the one you are using. You can update a version of iMovie that was acquired with your Apple I.D, but not a version that was acquired with someone else's Apple I.D.

Perhaps if the prior owner is a friend of yours, the prior owner can use its I.D. to acquire iMovie on your computer. Or, your could upgrade your operating system as the error message said.

Check your Applications folder to see if maybe the iMovie app appears there. If not, you probably are out of luck.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2021 3:37 PM in response to Cwarriortng1

The problem is that the Apple I.D. of the prior owner is different than the one you are using. You can update a version of iMovie that was acquired with your Apple I.D, but not a version that was acquired with someone else's Apple I.D.

Perhaps if the prior owner is a friend of yours, the prior owner can use its I.D. to acquire iMovie on your computer. Or, your could upgrade your operating system as the error message said.

Check your Applications folder to see if maybe the iMovie app appears there. If not, you probably are out of luck.

-- Rich

IMovie for MacBook Air 2015

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.