Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to disable Music.app from launch

Whenever I use my CD drive, Music.app launches. I don't want that.

I tried nicely by looking at settings. Nothing more annoying that programmers with fewer credentials than I telling me how I should use *MY* computer.

I have tried sudo rm /System/Applications/Music.app. Did not work. :(

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 10:25 AM

I discovered a trick. First I changed the setting from "Ignore" to launch Music.app. Closed to gain extra confidence the setting was saved. Then reopened and toggled back to "Ignore". That seems to do the trick.

For whatever reason, on a brand new machine (mine is <2 weeks old). The setting used is not the setting displayed. I wonder how many settings also have this problem.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2020 10:25 AM in response to timothyprime

I discovered a trick. First I changed the setting from "Ignore" to launch Music.app. Closed to gain extra confidence the setting was saved. Then reopened and toggled back to "Ignore". That seems to do the trick.

For whatever reason, on a brand new machine (mine is <2 weeks old). The setting used is not the setting displayed. I wonder how many settings also have this problem.

how to disable Music.app from launch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.