Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes Gone After Mac Update to Catalina

Hi! I recently updated my MacBook Air to Catalina and discovered that all my Notes had disappeared. These notes go back six years, and I'm desperate to get them back. I've tried everything - I scoured the Recently Deleted files (found nothing), converting my group.com.apple.notes into .html (it was a wall of gibberish), logging into my iCloud.com (again, nothing). I did manage to go into my Time Machine (since I backed my computer up before the update), but for some reason, I could only recover a few notes out of the hundreds that I've lost.

I found all my notes in my gmail 'Notes' folder, and I definitely remember ticking the 'sync' option in my iCloud before the update, but now I can't seem to access them or find them in a form other than email. Is there any way to move my gmail 'Notes' folder into my actual app, or recover my old notes somehow? Some of these notes mean a lot to me, and I would appreciate any advice in getting them back. Thank you so much!

MacBook Air 11", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 10:01 AM

If your notes are in gmail, then you need to activate notes for this account in System Preferences->Internet Accounts:

Similar questions

2 replies

Notes Gone After Mac Update to Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.