Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repeated unexpected restart due to a problem, 2015 15' rMBP — Any ideas?

I continue to have multiple system-forced restarts throughout the day on my 2015 15' rMBP, currently running Catalina, 10.15.3 (19D76) which is frequently connected to an Apple Thunderbolt Display as well as a 24' LED Cinema Display.

Upon being prompted to send this issue to Apple, I'm given the problem details and system configuration which I will include here. Would anyone be able to decipher this and relay to me what the root of this issue is?

I've attached the problem details and system configuration in the additional text.

I really appreciate any help anyone may be able to lend!

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 1:09 PM

Try uninstalling these following the developer's instructions or uninstaller app.

com.Logitech.Unifying.HIDDriver	3.9.11
com.Logitech.ControlCenter.HIDDriver	3.9.11
com.globaldelight.driver.Boom2Device	1.1

I stopped using Logitech products years ago because they couldn't produce a stable kernel extension.

If you remove both and still get panics, it is most likely a hardware problem.

It appears it might be happening in the GPU, so it may have something to do with the displays. Try to repeat the panic with one of the displays disconnected.

There is a remote possibility that it could be a bug in Apple's kernel extensions.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2020 1:09 PM in response to iGoPro HD

Try uninstalling these following the developer's instructions or uninstaller app.

com.Logitech.Unifying.HIDDriver	3.9.11
com.Logitech.ControlCenter.HIDDriver	3.9.11
com.globaldelight.driver.Boom2Device	1.1

I stopped using Logitech products years ago because they couldn't produce a stable kernel extension.

If you remove both and still get panics, it is most likely a hardware problem.

It appears it might be happening in the GPU, so it may have something to do with the displays. Try to repeat the panic with one of the displays disconnected.

There is a remote possibility that it could be a bug in Apple's kernel extensions.

Repeated unexpected restart due to a problem, 2015 15' rMBP — Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.