Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need an idiots guide transfer music hard drive to ipod touch

How do I transfer songs from my backup harddrive to ipod touch 6th generation, which I have just had to restore due to a problem? I have consequently lost all my downloaded music but have it on hard drive backup. Need a very simple step by step guide please.

iPod Nano (6th Gen)

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 11:37 AM

I would connect the hard drive to computer - then copy and paste the songs to your my music folder on your laptop.

Once that is done - open iTunes - File - add file to library - and navigate to the music folder - highlight all the songs and then click add.

Once it has been uploaded, you then plug your ipod to your computer - and then you can sync your music. steps are in this link Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2020 11:37 AM in response to heatherfrompreston

I would connect the hard drive to computer - then copy and paste the songs to your my music folder on your laptop.

Once that is done - open iTunes - File - add file to library - and navigate to the music folder - highlight all the songs and then click add.

Once it has been uploaded, you then plug your ipod to your computer - and then you can sync your music. steps are in this link Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

need an idiots guide transfer music hard drive to ipod touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.