Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods Malfunction

Whenever I flip open my airpods case the battery indicator shows a percentage that doesn’t make much sense. Then when I remove one airpod the percentage of the case and both airpods changes. Then when I replace the airpod and remove the other the same thing happens except with an entirely different percentage. When I remove both airpods the percentage is different again, but it is usually consistent with the other times I remove both airpods. It will show the case at 70%, the left airpod at 35%, and the right one at 50% even when I fully charged them. This doesn’t change unless the actual percentage drops dramatically. I think it’s also good to note that the silver part on the bottom of the left airpod will come loose from the white part although all of the actual “technology” is left connected to the inside of the airpod. I can put it back but it always seems to pop back out when it brushes against something. I’m not sure if that is the issue or if my mom got me fake airpods. My airpods also don’t show up all the time when connected on the battery widget, but the percentages always match what was mentioned before when it does happen to show up. I have the wireless airpods and am using my Iphone 8 with the latest version of iOS.

ps: sorry for the long paragraph but this is something that has bothered me for a while and only gets fixed temporarily when I reset my phone and airpods.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 12:20 PM

Hello,

Yeah, the battery percentage is unreliable sometimes. A better approach is to use the Battery widget on the Daily View screen (swipe right from the first home screen) and open the cover of the charging case with the AirPods inside.

For your changing issues, check all of the connections for lint or other debris and see this:

Charge your AirPods with charging case and learn about battery life 

If your AirPods won’t charge

If no help, see this:

AirPods Repair - Official Apple Support

Good luck.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2020 12:20 PM in response to pv0219

Hello,

Yeah, the battery percentage is unreliable sometimes. A better approach is to use the Battery widget on the Daily View screen (swipe right from the first home screen) and open the cover of the charging case with the AirPods inside.

For your changing issues, check all of the connections for lint or other debris and see this:

Charge your AirPods with charging case and learn about battery life 

If your AirPods won’t charge

If no help, see this:

AirPods Repair - Official Apple Support

Good luck.

Airpods Malfunction

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.