Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail cannot save information about your mailboxes...not enough space. (??)

Why do I keep getting this? I've deleted everything (practically) from my mail.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 11:22 AM

Apparently there isn't enough space in your home folder.

How to free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

Optimize storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

5 replies

May 17, 2020 8:34 PM in response to John Galt

I have been having this issue for a long time and it has nothing to do with how much space there is on my hard drive. I did a complete erase and install and this message has persisted, even with over 100 GB of free space on my drive. After moving my photo libraries to an external drive, I'm gettin the message with 958 GB free. I've only got about 30 GB of mail. I'm running Catalina 10.15.4. I'm the only user of this computer. Did the erase/reinstall about a month ago. The only thing that sometimes provides a temporary fix is to "apply to enclosed items" on my home folder permissions. But sometimes that doesn't work either. Very frustrating. A senior tech told me that someone had posted an answer on the community site but I can't seem to locate it.

May 18, 2020 4:30 AM in response to Jamie Horvitz

Check the free space on your drive before deleting anything.

I had this erroneous error message with hundreds of gigabytes free.

I couldn't resolve the problem in any way I could think of except erasing the drive and reinstalling the OS.

I don't know if I needed to erase, but I did.

After reinstalling the OS, I migrated the data back from my Time Machine backup.

Mail cannot save information about your mailboxes...not enough space. (??)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.