Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail cannot save information about your mailboxes because there isn’t enough space in your home folder.

Mail cannot save information about your mailboxes because there isn’t enough space in your home folder.

iMac, macOS 10.12

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 9:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 8:44 PM

Thank you, will try that. I think I have found the cause of the original problem. I have an external drive with 500GB of movies, music etc on it. On updating to Catalina and iTunes was replaced by iMovie all those files were copied on to my HD and thus the overload. Only found out by " show in finder " in iMovie list.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2020 8:44 PM in response to Barney-15E

Thank you, will try that. I think I have found the cause of the original problem. I have an external drive with 500GB of movies, music etc on it. On updating to Catalina and iTunes was replaced by iMovie all those files were copied on to my HD and thus the overload. Only found out by " show in finder " in iMovie list.

Sep 25, 2020 4:09 AM in response to dwdx15

Alas I was only allowed to erase the HD-data file.

You need to "Show All Devices" in Disk Utility. That would allow you to completely erase the drive as opposed to the volumes on the drive.

The 11.2 GB size matches that of the OS volume which should be Macintosh HD.

You installed the OS onto the original - Data volume which caused it to create another - Data volume for it.

Rename the 11.2 GB one Macintosh HD (or whatever you'd like). It will change the other to match.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.