Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification Requirement

I keep having a verification requirement pop up on my phone saying a payment had to be made When the apps I’m trying to download are free and I do not have a credit card or anything so how can I get this to stop and let me download again ???

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 12:35 PM

You must have a valid payment method in your iTunes account, even to download free apps. If you have no outstanding balances, no subscriptions and no apps that offer in-app purchases you can remove the payment method from your account, but if you don’t meet these requirements you must have a payment method. In addition, if you do have a payment method it must be valid and not have expired.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2020 12:35 PM in response to brittani95

You must have a valid payment method in your iTunes account, even to download free apps. If you have no outstanding balances, no subscriptions and no apps that offer in-app purchases you can remove the payment method from your account, but if you don’t meet these requirements you must have a payment method. In addition, if you do have a payment method it must be valid and not have expired.

Verification Requirement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.