Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is your replacement device really not refurbished units?

When I call into Apple Support, all reps clearly mention that replacement device is something coming from your factory and not a refurb from some-other customer. Moreover they explained, replacement devices are something that are pulled from manufacturing line for any minor defects or QA pass failed and fixed and used as replacement units.

Well that being said, I was recently replaced with a replacement device. I powered on the device received and started setting up my banking Apps. My Chase App, clearly prompts during the setup that this PHONE is enabled to notifications of another Chase User for this phone, and do you want to override

Anyone whos reading this, please help me how to interpret this meaning. Doesn't this sound like it was a refurb phone of some-other user which was replaced to me?

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone XS

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 2:37 PM

(i) repair the Apple Product using new or previously used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability,

(ii) replace the Apple Product with the same model (or with your consent a product that has similar functionality) formed from new and/or previously used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability

https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/ios-warranty-document-us.html

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2020 2:37 PM in response to realist1984

(i) repair the Apple Product using new or previously used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability,

(ii) replace the Apple Product with the same model (or with your consent a product that has similar functionality) formed from new and/or previously used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability

Apr 1, 2020 2:39 PM in response to realist1984

If during the Warranty Period you submit a claim to Apple or an AASP in accordance with this warranty, Apple will, at its option:

Apr 1, 2020 2:54 PM in response to realist1984

Just got a call from Apple Support, and they did confirm very clearly that replacement phones (anytime during the warranty period) is not a refurb from different customer. So lets make that point clear here.

Here is the message I got when, I was setting up my Chase App in the replacement device. Apple says this is my profile over-riding. But Chase says clearly this PHONE in both the lines.

My dear BIASED Apple users, even I am one among you, but this is a security issue and I dont want to be biased for anyone. My security is what is concerns.

Also, if you go into the security and privacy settings of Chase App > AccountSafe > MyDevices, they have a tracking all your devices from where you logged in, what iOS version.

Anyways, I am gonna talk to Chase to figure-out how to read and understand this line.

Apr 1, 2020 2:24 PM in response to realist1984

The replacement may be a factory refurbished phone. That means it is one that either didn’t work correctly initially after it was manufactured, or one that was returned for repair, was repaired, tested that it met all specifications and then put in the replacement inventory. Given your situation I suggest contacting Apple support and reporting the Chase app issue. The Chase app probably recognizes the IMEI of the phone from the time when a different user had it and returned it. Chase is not following standard procedure in doing that, BTW. They should be using the serial number or the UDID, which is definitely not the same as a previous incarnation of that phone.

Is your replacement device really not refurbished units?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.