Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X camera green tint

Hey guys, I recently got my iPhone X and I have noticed that it has a greenish tint when taking photos in the light and in the dark the camera display completely pixelates green, the screenshot below is my screen when I took a picture in the dark with no light, any advice would be much appreciated, thanks! I should add that this happens when friends send dark photos, the dark areas go this pixel green so I don’t think it is necessarily a camera issue, more of a display issue

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 3:55 PM

3 replies

Apr 4, 2020 7:57 AM in response to michaelcc12

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities michaelcc12,

I understand that you're having an issue with the quality of the images when taking photos on your iPhone. I certainly know it's important to get this issue resolved, and I'd be happy to look into this with you.

Let's start by having you force close the Camera app and then restart your iPhone. Once you've completed these steps, test to see if the issue remains. You'll also want to make sure that you're using the latest version (13.4) of software.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue remains after trying these steps, respond back with some more details. Does this only happen in the Camera app? Or is this happening when taking photos with other apps that use the camera as well?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Have a great day!

iPhone X camera green tint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.