Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

#images not working

I recently got a new iphone and now my gif #images isnt working. All my recently used gifs are visible when I first click the icon but I cannot search new gifs. I tried enabling it on cellular and I don’t see it anywhere to even be enabled. My mms and all that is already. What’s going on here?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 7:18 AM

I have been having the same problem for a week or so now and I have had this phone for months now. I have restarted the phone multiple times and tried it both on home

wifi and cellular data and it will not let me search gifs in my messages frequently. This is a new issue it seems.

7 replies

Apr 4, 2020 10:23 AM in response to Cofieldc

Hi Cofieldc,

It sounds like you're having trouble searching for content in the #images iMessage app, and I want to help.

Are you using Wi-Fi or Cellular Data?

Try forcing Messages to close and restarting your iPhone:

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If you're on cellular data, try going to Settings > Cellular, and making sure data is enabled for #images.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Apr 10, 2020 8:58 AM in response to Holliyvonne77

Updated to 13.4.1 yesterday (4/10/2020) and #images worked fine after restarting iPhone 6s. Tried to use it today while texting and now it does not work. Tried turning on/off airplane mode, wifi, and bluetooth, restarted phone also, but none of it helped! #images is enabled and in favorites in Apple app store. Only thing I have not tried is resetting network. Please find a fix soon, as it is a great and fun app when it works!

May 9, 2020 7:24 PM in response to Cofieldc

I was having the same problem and tried many different things to troubleshoot it, nothing worked. I even contacted Apple support over the phone and was transferred to a senior advisor, but they weren’t familiar with the problem. However, it appears the recent update fixes this glitch! (I just updated today.)

#images not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.