Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wallpaper keeps disappearing on iphone

This last week my wallpaper keeps disappearing on iPhone 14 Pro, requiring me to restart it. Is there a fix for that?

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 8:00 AM

Thanks for reaching out chrisdon51,

It sounds like your wallpaper disappears and you're just seeing a black background instead. We can help.

For this issue your best bet would be to Contact Apple for support and service and report the behavior.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

4 replies

Jan 9, 2023 1:31 PM in response to 3GSPAGB

I’m on iPhone 13 With the latest update 16.1.2 (I believe).

yesterday my Home Screen wallpaper turned black. I must’ve click something or had my fingers pressed down on the screen while carrying grocery’s in the house. I don’t remember what I had done.

I was unable to edit my default (1st) focus wallpaper or delete it. Any attempt created a new focus wallpaper instead of editing the existing focus wallpaper. I can modify the others but not my default wallpaper.

another poster suggested changing your region & language because his was reset to another country. Why not give it a try? It’s simple, right?

im in the US. I changed it to UK and saved it. It works! What about switching it back to US? YAy, everything is back to normal. I ended up deleting the broken focus wallpaper by swiping up and recreating it. So far so good.

good luck!

wallpaper keeps disappearing on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.