Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

instagram error "sorry there was a problem with your request"

I am unable to login from my phone into the instagram app.

I factory reset the phone and was able to login so the actual phone itself is not the issue but rather some type of corruption in the IOS or some other setting.

Ive tried just about everything and cannot get in contact with instagram.

My question is basically how to I find the corruption preventing me from logging in, and get rid of it?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 6:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 5:05 PM

Thanks for replying, WarrenKal, and that additional info, it really helps! To help isolate this, your next step is to use your Mac or PC to backup and restore your iOS software to factory settings, as this process erases the information and settings on your device and installs a fresh copy of the latest iOS software. Temporarily set up your phone as new to test your issues, and then restore your back up and test the issues again. If you still having this issue, please contact Apple directly for further assistance.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to factory settings

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Contact Apple Support 

Have a great day and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2020 5:05 PM in response to WarrenKal

Thanks for replying, WarrenKal, and that additional info, it really helps! To help isolate this, your next step is to use your Mac or PC to backup and restore your iOS software to factory settings, as this process erases the information and settings on your device and installs a fresh copy of the latest iOS software. Temporarily set up your phone as new to test your issues, and then restore your back up and test the issues again. If you still having this issue, please contact Apple directly for further assistance.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to factory settings

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Contact Apple Support 

Have a great day and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Apr 4, 2020 12:14 PM in response to WarrenKal

Hello WarrenKal,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are having an issue with the Instagram app on your iPhone. To help with this, please start with the steps in these resources from Instagram:

I Can't Log in | Instagram Help Center

How do I report a technical problem on Instagram? | Instagram Help Center

Cheers!

instagram error "sorry there was a problem with your request"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.