Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple hardware test not working with ethernet

Hi all,

I am trying to run Apple Hardware test on my 15-inch mid 2012 Macbook Pro. I think my airport card is broken, and I wanted to run the test to confirm. I am using ethernet, and when I launch into the hardwire test, it boots up with the spinning globe, but then it goes to a black screen with an error,

Error: 8000000000000003, Cannot load 'EFI/Drivers/TestSupport.efi'

How can I fix this?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 7:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 8:02 PM

Apple Hardware Test is not supported VIA Internet Recovery on that model MacBook Pro. If your drive has ever been erased or replaced, the diagnostic image on the boot drive has been lost. If you have the original release DVD, you can use that.

A user has collected all the readily-available version of Apple hardware test on a gitHub site, along with a procedure for making a bootable USB-stick diagnostic thumb drive. It is very difficult to get the diagnostic image back onto a later version of MacOS Boot drive.

https://github.com/upekkha/AppleHardwareTest

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2020 8:02 PM in response to r1khil

Apple Hardware Test is not supported VIA Internet Recovery on that model MacBook Pro. If your drive has ever been erased or replaced, the diagnostic image on the boot drive has been lost. If you have the original release DVD, you can use that.

A user has collected all the readily-available version of Apple hardware test on a gitHub site, along with a procedure for making a bootable USB-stick diagnostic thumb drive. It is very difficult to get the diagnostic image back onto a later version of MacOS Boot drive.

https://github.com/upekkha/AppleHardwareTest

apple hardware test not working with ethernet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.