Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

comma key make alt key active

I'm using MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) with Mojave OSX

Recently weird thing happen, everytime I press comma/double quote keys, alt key become active without I press and it will keep behave like being pressed all the time

This happen when I activated "Enable sticky keys"

When I disable this option, alt key randomly get stuck without even being press at all

How can I fix this problem?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 7:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 8:46 AM

uung wrote:

Recently weird thing happen, everytime I press comma/double quote keys, alt key become active without I press and it will keep behave like being pressed all the time
When I disable this option, alt key randomly get stuck without even being press at all

Try a SafeBoot hhttps://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262 to simply clear caches.

Takes noticeable longer to get to the login screen, does a 5-15 minute disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, including dynamic loader cache, etc. Login and test. Reboot and test

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2020 8:46 AM in response to uung

uung wrote:

Try a SafeBoot hhttps://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262 to simply clear caches.

Takes noticeable longer to get to the login screen, does a 5-15 minute disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, including dynamic loader cache, etc. Login and test. Reboot and test

comma key make alt key active

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.