Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Option key stuck - not physically

Macbook Pro, mid 2014, OS 11.1

Option key gets "stuck" when working in PhotoShop 2021. I can't type, can't use my shortcuts.

It's not a hardware issue: the actual keys are fine, but in the keyboard preview both option keys are lit up as if active.

Only thing that helps is restarting. I dont have the problem (yet) when using other programs, just PhotoShop. (But of course it blocks all other programs once the keys get stuck...)

I already tried a "fix" I found online, but it didn't work for me:

"System preferences > Accessibility > Keyboard > Enable sticky keys

Press option twice quickly to enable sticky and once more to turn it off."

According to the keyboard preview the option keys were no longer active after the fix, but when I tried typing they still were.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 8:16 AM

MarijkeV wrote:

Option key gets "stuck" when working in PhotoShop 2021. I can't type, can't use my shortcuts.
It's not a hardware issue: the actual keys are fine, but in the keyboard preview both option keys are lit up as if active.
Only thing that helps is restarting. I dont have the problem (yet) when using other programs, just PhotoShop. (But of course it blocks all other programs once the keys get stuck...)

According to the keyboard preview the option keys were no longer active after the fix, but when I tried typing they still were.

Any suggestions?

Did you try Microsoft Support for their third pary software...(?)

Known issues in Photoshop - Adobe Help Center

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2021 8:16 AM in response to MarijkeV

MarijkeV wrote:

Any suggestions?

Did you try Microsoft Support for their third pary software...(?)

Known issues in Photoshop - Adobe Help Center

Option key stuck - not physically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.